Traditional Tantra has many non sexual practices for clearing blocks and generating “positive karma”.
The basic understanding is that all pain we experience (mental, physical, emotional) is a result of previous non-virtuous or harmful actions.
These “non-virtuous” past actions may have taken place in this lifetime, or previous lifetimes, which can make it difficult to make amends, so to speak.
Luckily, the law of Karma is as forgiving as it is condemning, and one virtuous action is said to purify lifetimes of crappy Karma.
There is no greater “good deed” than saving a life, and since ALL life is precious in the Buddhist tradition, saving animal lives is almost as auspicious as saving a human life.
Hence the Tibetan Buddhist, Releasing Living Beings Practice.
You will need a few “tools” to complete this practice:
1. Step by step instructions, which are conveniently embedded in the video below 🙂
2. Beings to release. These can be crickets, gold fish, earth worms, basically any type of “feeder” animal, that would otherwise be fed live to some other animal.
(If you choose crickets from the link above, I suggest the 4 week old crickets, and about 100-250 at a time)
3. The mantric prayers– also conveniently included for you below 🙂
The purpose of this practice is to generate soooo much incredibly GOOD Karma all at once, that it blows out anything standing in the way of your ultimate realization.
This can include things like:
- Stubborn health issues
- Spiritual afflictions
- Sexual “blocks”
- Financial issues
- Challenges related to work, home, neighbors, peers, etc.
- Pretty much any issue in life that you could use a little extra boost of support and blessing with.
The biggest piece of the puzzle for this practice, is the intention that you hold in your heart while doing it.
So internally connecting with your intention for healing, blessing, transformation, and benefit for all beings, (including the crickets!) before beginning the practice is essential.
Then complete the process as described in the video below, and you are well in your way to opening up the portal for Tantric blessings to rain down upon you.
Questions about the practice? Please leave them in the comments section below 🙂
Om Mani Peme Hung!